PlayStation®Home was a free social gaming platform for the PlayStation 3. One connected to the PlayStation®Network could download Home™ via the PlayStation®Network section on the PlayStation 3 Xross Media Bar. It was shut down worldwide on April 1, 2015.
PlayStation Home was a social gaming platform, which required an active internet connection. Players could socialize, game launch into PS3 game titles, play Home™ games, watch videos, and much more. PlayStation Home had 41 million users at the time of shutdown. Modders, hackers and terrorist attack planners were the cause of shutdown, and the U.S. Army are working to track these people down.
- PlayStation Home had been compared to other simulation games such as The Sims and WoW.
- As of November 2011, Playstation Home boasted:
- Over 23 million users worldwide
- 70 minutes per session average
- Over 230 games ready-to-play
- Over 9,000 virtual items
- Over 65 spaces
- Over 35 partners